With only a few weeks remaining before Christmas you may wish to consider the following tips when preparing and planning your business activities.
1. Make sure you have enough staff on board to cater to your customer’s needs during the Christmas rush.
2. Keep your website content up-to-date and relevant. This may help improve your websites search ranking and alert customers to new products or services.
3. Monitor your stock levels, keep your warehouse and website up-to-date with stock availability.
4. If you’re running a promotion or selling gift cards, make sure the terms are clearly defined. This may save you time from following up on enquiries.
5. Review your postage options to ensure your customers deliveries arrive on time.
6. Clearly advertise the last day customers can make an online purchase to ensure their goods are delivered before Christmas. If you ship nationally, provide different cut off dates.
7. Make sure you outline the terms and conditions of your refund policy on your website and/or tax invoice. You can also check your returns policy against the Australian Consumer Laws and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission guidelines.
8. If your business has a physical location, advertise your Christmas trading hours. If you’re taking a well-deserved break, advertise your close down dates on your website or shop front and specify when customers can expect delivery and services to return to normal.
Enjoy the holiday season and have a happy new year!